REQUIRED CLASSES & PERFORMANCES
The following required classes are to be taken at West Coast School of the Arts for a 10 month (October through July) commitment.
• 3 – 4 TECHNIQUE CLASSES PER WEEK (1 must be Ballet)
• 1 GROUP PERFORMANCE CLASS (to learn choreography)
• A MINIMUM OF 4 CLASSES PER WEEK (October through July)
The following are required performances/competitions:
• Thunderstruck Dance Competition: April 21 – 23 (Redondo Beach)
• Showstopper Regional Competition (Disneyland Hotel): May 26 – 29
• Recital: June 19 – 23
• Pep Rally: July (Before Nationals)
• Showstopper National Competition (Disneyland Hotel): July 19 – 23
• MANDATORY ATTENDANCE AT ALL COMPETITIONS & PERFORMANCES
(Mandatory attendance for the weeks leading up to the performance or competition – you cannot miss these weeks and then expect to compete or perform. You will be blocked out of the dance.)
All tuition will be a flat rate due the 1st of every month. Some months will have more rehearsals than others. Months that we are at competitions will have fewer rehearsals at West Coast, but instruction will be given at the competition. There will be no change in fees.
The cost for 4 classes a week is $150 per month.
COSTUME ($150) AND AUDITION ($35) FEES ARE DUE WHEN THE PAPER IS TURNED IN – A TOTAL OF $185. Your child cannot audition until the application has been signed and turned in. All fees must be paid.
AUDITIONS – SATURDAY IN SEPTEMEBER, DATE TBD
REASONS FOR DISMISSAL
• Student – bad attitude
• Parent – bad attitude
• Excessive Absences – You must call or leave a written note in the teacher’s box explaining the reason for the absence.
• Late tuition
• Refusal to take the required classes at West Coast
DANCE CLUB ESTIMATED EXPENSES
Below is a list of estimated expenses you will have for the season. Please note that this is merely to give you advance notice and prepare you for the upcoming season. Items with approximate amounts may be slightly more or less. Items listed as “optional” are not required for purchase but will be available for those interested.
Audition Fee: $35.00
Costume: $150.00 per dance (first one is paid when you audition)
Company Make-up: $130 (approximate) (MAC brand or lesser brand equivalent)
Jewelry: $40 (approximate)
Dance Club shirt: $20 (approximate)
Regional Entry fees: $50 (approximate) per group for each regional competition (2)
National Entry fees: $50 (approximate) per group for the national competition (1)
Hair supplies: Varies by dance
Tights: Varies by dance
Dance Shoes: Varies by dance
Props: Pending on dance/choreographer
WC Cover up: Optional
WC Dance Bag: Optional
Recital Pictures: Optional